05 June 2008

Grails/GWT Tutorial I - The first steps.

After someone was asking for a basic tutorial and samle application for using the Grails GWT plugin on the Grails mailing list, I've just written one.
You can read it under http://code.google.com/p/derjanandhisblog/wiki/GWTGrailsTutorial.
It should show you, how to create a domain model, a service for RPC calls and a very basic GWT client, which calls data from the Grails app and displays it.

Hopefully I'll find enough time to extend the tutorial and the application in the next weeks, to make it real book store ;-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan,

thanks a lot. It really looks as detailed as I imagined it would have to be to be named "cool" :)

Andre

Anonymous said...

Thank Jan!, Please post all real book store : D

Anonymous said...

Hello The GWT update 1.5.3
and your Gwt-0.2.4 can't support it
.Could you update you plugins,Thank you

derjan said...

There's some time and a lot of work gone since I created the Tutorial and posted this.
But I hope thatI'll find the time to update the Tutorial in the next two weeks.
So please stay tuned.

097 said...

hi.
when I use this plugin in my project using Grails1.1 with GWT1.5.3, the plugin generates 2 method :
java.lang.Object super$1$clone(); boolean super$1$equals(java.lang.Object arg0);(with red underline in IntelliJ IDEA8.1)
when I run the project in hosted mode and try to visit the server code, the GWT shell report error:"In order to produce smaller client-side code, 'Object' is not allowed; consider using a more specific type".
it seems some other persons faces with the same problem:http://www.grails.org/GWT+Plugin#comment_84

hope for your reply.Thanks